We have learned from more experienced
The course focuses on the pre-analytic processing of biological samples according to the recently published CEN/TC Technical Specifications for "Molecular in vitro diagnostic examinations - Specifications for pre-examination processes" which are the basis for ISO standards that are currently under development.
The three day course was coorganized by Austrian national node of BBMRI-ERIC, medical University of Graz, and Christian Doppler Research Association and was held in Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz in Graz, Austria. The course participants – altogether 16 were from Austria, Czech Republic, Norway, Ukraine, and Poland.
The course provided in-depth theoretical insight into practical experience on the preanalytic processing of biological sddamples according to the recently published CEN/TC 140 Technical Specifications for “Molecular in vitro diagnostic examinations – Specifications for pre-examination processes” which are the basis for ISO standards that are currently in development.
Participants were informed
- about the major preanalytical variables affecting sample quality
- Poznatky a zkušenosti maximálně využijeme k tomu, aby se biobanka v Plzni co nejvíce přiblížila té v Grazu, přestože mají před námi mnohaletý náskok.
- about the new CEN/TC 140 Technical Specifications for “Molecular in vitro diagnostic examinations – Specifications for pre-examination processes” and how to work according to them
- about how to perform the major pre-analytical steps of sample processing themselves in the laboratory
- about the experience in the lab different methods to evaluate sample quality
MD, PhD, students, and technicians who work or are planning to work in the field of biobanking
Two researchers from Teaching Hospital Pilsen participated in the course – Dr. J. Kinkorová and Dr. R. Kučera, and both consider the course very usefull and recommend it to other colleagues and mainly biobank technicians.
More information can be found on : http://www.bbmri-eric.eu/news-events/pre-analytical-sample-processing-in-biobanking-a-3-days-laboratory-course/.